It's that time of year again when numerous people decide to give something up for 40 days.
Can't think of anything? How about committing to improving your fitness?
40 days - 1000 burpees.
Burpees are a great full body workout that require only your body and a little bit of space.
To complete a burpee:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Bend your knees and lower your body into a squat.
3. Place your hands on the floor in front of you and jump your feet back to land into a plank position.
4. Perform a push-up.
5. Once back into the plank position jump your feet back up to your hands and get into a squat position.
6. Jump up from your squat reaching your hands to the ceiling.
That's one rep!
If you are a beginner, I recommend you follow the format listed in the image. If you are more experienced, you can knock out 25 per day to get to a 1000. If you're feeling like an Elite Animal, and you want to do more, multiply the reps by 2-10 to get anywhere from 2000-10000 burpees this lent.